Rsync --daemon v 2.5.5 v26 causing kernel panic

Edward King edk at cendatsys.com
Mon Jan 13 14:27:00 EST 2003

After switching much hardware (and getting some helpful suggestions) I
moved the specific machine's files on the backup server to a hard drive
outside the raid (still on the backup server, /dev/hdi1) and tried rsync
-- problem solved.

It seems there's a problem with the journaled filesystems (reiserfs) and
raid -- reading the files is ok (cp command worked fine), writing them
is not.

I'm going to turn on reiser debugging and internal checks and re-run --
maybe I can send something to the reiser or kernel people of interest
(don't want to go back to ext2)