working on a 2.5.6pre1 release

Dave Dykstra dwd at drdykstra.us
Fri Jan 10 15:23:00 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:46:13AM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 05:09:07PM -0600, Dave Dykstra wrote:
> > I'm stuck on a problem that some machines on build.samba.org are
> > showing on the 'chgrp' test.
>
> I've checked in a fix for this bug.

Thanks, Wayne!  Great work.

I think the remaining build on build.samba.org are not enough to delay
putting out pre1, but it would be good if those of you who care about
the following ports would try to come up with some fixes before we do
the final release:

    1. The CRAY SV1 UNICOS machine is not compiling, complaining that it
	can't take the address of the bit field in sin.sin_addr.s_addr.
	I think the solution may be to assign that value to a local
	variable and then copy it into the structure element, but it
	isn't clear to me what the type of the local variable should be.
    2. The Linux ia64 and Alpha and the OpenBSD Sparc64 ports are all
	failing the daemon-gzip-upload and daemon-gzip-download tests
	even though the basic daemon test succeeds.  The OpenBSD test
	reports a core dump, and I suspect they're all having the same
	problem related to 64 bit.
    3. The Stratus VOS port is failing all 3 daemon tests in code
	that is used just for testing, saying it can't create the test
	socket.  I don't know if there's a corresponding problem in the
	corresponding non-test code.
    4. The NetBSD i386 port is failing the chgrp test.

I think if I can find the time today I want to work a little yet on the
--copy-unsafe-links problem and on the unsafe-* tests and then I'll make
the pre1 version.

- Dave