Help With Restoring

Dr. Poo drpoo at houston.rr.com
Fri Jan 10 14:21:01 EST 2003

I'm very interested in this...

My question(s) are why did you have to install a minimal system?
Could you have just booted up with network and rsync and just rsynced to a
freshly paritioned/formatted disk?

What command did you use (to clarify) to make the origal rsync's of your
disk, and what were the steps neccessary and the command you used (to
clarify) to make the restore? (I guess that includes the install of a base
system.. did you use the same system, say redhat 7.2?)

I'm curious because i have a full rsync of a production server on my
development box, and i put it in Lilo to boot up with, disconnected the
network (so know conflicts occur, would any?) and tried to boot, but it
failed... (i don't have access right now to the error message).

The production box is i686 and so is the development box... Not the same
processor though.... would that make a difference?

Do you think if i just tried to install a minimal system to a partion and
copied the / tree it would work??

	Thanks a bundle! Great job on the success!! And Good luck for the future!

		-Chris