IPv6 hosts allow|deny

Bert Vermeulen bert at biot.com
Tue Jan 7 23:26:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Dave Dykstra wrote:

> Even though rsync maintenance isn't as bad as wget's, the maintainers
> are all VERY part time so that is a big part of the problem.  Most of us
> don't have ipv6 systems to test things on.  Can you vouch for the quality
> of the patch?  I was able to get it with
>
>     wget --passive ftp://ftp.linux-ipv6.org/pub/usagi/misc/rsync-2_5_5-v6auth-20021016.patch.gz
>
> and it looks quite extensive.

Yes, it's very extensive, and there's some code in there that's pretty
advanced.

The fact of the matter is, I made my own patch for this functionality first,
and only then noticed Hideaki's patch -- and his, while not as readable to
the casual observer, seems like better code. He is rewriting the linux
kernel IPv6 stack, so I'd expect his rsync patch to be decent :-)

Nevertheless, feel free to take a look at my patch:
	http://biot.com/patches/rsync-ipv6-acl.patch

So I haven't used Hideaki's patch, but I use mine, and it's good. Please do
apply one of them however.

Bert Vermeulen
bert at biot.com
--
Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherfucker.