HELP! rsync won't upload my .htpasswd files

Damon Tribble damon at tribbledesigns.com
Tue Jan 7 19:03:00 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm in the process of launching a site (http://www.intraspect.com
<http://www.intraspect.com/> ).

I'm using rsync to synchronize between our staging server and our
production server. All of my files are uploading correctly except for a
couple of .htpasswd files which reside in /var/apache/webscripts

I'm guessing that they won't upload because they start with "." Is there
some way around this? It's very important that these files get uploaded
to this directory.

Here is the code I'm using to execute rsync:

#!/bin/sh

RSYNC=/opt/sfw/bin/rsync
SSH="/usr/local/bin/ssh -i /export/home/gyang/.ssh/identity-cron"

RSYNC_RSH=$SSH
export RSYNC_RSH

$RSYNC -avz --delete --rsync-path=$RSYNC --exclude="CVS"
/export/home/intraspect/www/ www:/var/apache/htdocs
$RSYNC -avz --delete --rsync-path=$RSYNC --exclude="addresses.txt"
--exclude="*.csv" --exclude="CVS" /var/apache/webscript/*
www:/var/apache/webscript

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Regards,
Damon