directories that change into symlinks

John Van Essen vanes002 at umn.edu
Mon Jan 6 08:06:01 EST 2003

Dave,

What you need is the --force option.  It's not obvious from the
all-too-generic name, but that will do the trick.

To the rsync maintainers - this is somewhat of an FAQ.  Perhaps
the error message could also say '(see the --force option)' to
help users discover the solution more easily.
--
        John Van Essen  Univ of MN Alumnus  <vanes002 at umn.edu>
        3DGamers  Systems Software Support  <jve at 3dgamers.com>