Fast Cygwin binaries ?

James Knowles jamesk at ifm-services.com
Thu Feb 20 03:40:11 EST 2003

I have tried using the Cygwin rsync binaries, but found them so slow as to
be unusable. After 1-1/2 hours, it was still 100% CPU trying to sync two
1.6GB files. (It finally finished moving one, but was still thinking about
the second.) Using scp, it takes less than an hour to move the two files.
These binaries have big sections that never change, so I would expect better
performance.

I read in the archives that somebody has a faster binary version floating
around. How might I get ahold of it? (If you have it, would it be possible
to e-mail me a copy?)

Thanks!

James

--
As someone who has worked both in private industry and in academia, whenever
I hear about academics wanting to teach ethics to people in business, I want