Pb w/ >2GB files on AIX (4.3.3/5.1)

Paul Green paulg at sw.stratus.com
Wed Feb 19 07:31:37 EST 2003

"Dean" <dean at dacunha.net> wrote:
>I have discovered that rsync 2.5.6 uses the mkstemp() routine wich do
>not have a 64bits version into the AIX libc.
>
>A very simple workaround to the big files writing rsync pb. is to not
>use this routine that create files w/ mkstemp() by modifying the
>"syscall.c" source file at line 154 as following :
>
>#if defined(HAVE_SECURE_MKSTEMP) && defined(HAVE_FCHMOD)
>become
>#if defined(HAVE_SECURE_MKSTEMP) && defined(HAVE_FCHMOD) && !
>defined(_AIX)

This needs to be turned into a configure test in order to be accepted. (See
configure.in). If we start putting in tests for operating systems, we've started
down the primrose path... (apologies to non-native English speakers; the rest of
the quote is "...to dalliance", i.e., to doing things the Wrong Way).

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610