--delete ignored?

va_public <yahoogroups at vikas.mailshell.com> yahoogroups at vikas.mailshell.com
Wed Feb 12 05:53:20 EST 2003

<yahoogroups at v...> wrote:

> > If the file is getting deleted, shouldnt the --verbose option
print a
> > message to this effect?
>
> Because it isn't deleting the files.

Um..It _is_ deleting the file from my target tree.

Yes, it is backing it up, so it isnt really gone, but whats the harm
in printing a message saying it is deleting it from the target tree,
because it is doing that.

All I am trying to do is find out what files are going to be deleted
from my target tree using --dry-run --verbose before actually running
the command.

It is misleading to not print the message in --verbose but boom, the
file is gone from my target tree when I take out the --dry-run.