rsync in cygwin as service

bart.coninckx at sita.be bart.coninckx at sita.be
Wed Feb 12 00:50:57 EST 2003

You should perhaps also mention that the tools you refer to are part of the
Resource Kit and are not available as such in Windows.

Kind regards,

Bart Coninckx
Network Administrator
CNE, ASE
*************************************
Sita ICT Services
Lilsedijk 19
B-2340 Beerse
Belgium

e-mail: bart.coninckx at sita.be
Tel: + 32 (0) 14 62 28 22
Fax: + 32 (0) 14 62 41 47

                    Nitin Agarwal
                    <nitin.agarwal at timesgroup.com>                    To:     Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com>
                    Sent by:                                          cc:     rsync at lists.samba.org
                    rsync-bounces+bart.coninckx=watco.be at lists        Subject:     Re: rsync in cygwin as service
                    .samba.org

                    11/02/2003 14:40
                    Please respond to nitin.agarwal

Hi!
U can try the following way....

1) Make a directory called RSYNC and copy rsync.exe, supporting dll files
(cryptogrph-0.dll, cygwin1.dll), srvany.exe in this directory
2) now go to dos prompt .. (c:\rsync) and give command "instsrv "Rsync"
c:\rsync\srvany.exe"
3) this will install the service in win2k...
4) now u need to give all parameters in services in control panel...for
running it
in daemon.

Nits.