Connecting two rsync clients

Francis Montagnac Francis.Montagnac at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Feb 11 03:16:18 EST 2003

Hi.

> The error I was getting was coming from the shell script and namely
> the fact that rsync doesn't like the \ newlines.

Humm, this doesn't make sense: the \ are only managed by the shell and
suppressed by it *before* the call to rsync.

> > /usr/local/bin/rsync -vcrlnptgoxRz --delete -e ssh \
> > --include-from=/usr/local/rsync/include.conf \
> > --exclude-from=/usr/local/rsync/exclude.conf --stats --progress \
> > /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf \
> > /home/bind/etc/ \
> > /usr/local/mysql_backup/currentbackup.tar.gz \
> > /home/httpd/hosts \
> > /etc/opt/awstats /var/cache/awstats \

I bet you previously add a space after the previous \ (juste before
the newline).

> >  george@<remotemachinehere>.com:/home/george/backup/

> > ERROR: destination must be a directory when copying more than 1
> > file

Looks correct if /var/cache/awstats is the last argument given to
rsync.

> > ./rsync.sh: george@<remotemachinehere>.com:/home/george/backup/:
> > No such file or directory

The shell has tried to execute that as a separate command.

--
Francis.Montagnac at sophia.inria.fr, Tel: (33) 04 92 38 79 11, Bur: C112
INRIA Sophia, 2004, rte des Lucioles, B.P.93 - 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex