Precompiled rsync 2.5.5 for SPARC Solaris 8 64bit

Michael Schmidt mschmidt at Fh-Koblenz.de
Wed Feb 5 18:10:39 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:46:52PM +0000, Loris Serena wrote:
[...]
> Can anyone help me with this?
> I cannot install gcc or make on this box, and I don't have another Solaris 8 64 bits where I could
> compile it on and then copy it across!
> I only have Solaris 7, or Solaris 9 64bit boxes available, but I can't believe it they would be of
> any use for compiling for a different OS version...
> Any other idea?

[...]
> Loris Serena wrote:
>
> > Hello List,
> >
> > Would anybody have a precompiled version of rsync 2.5.5 for SPARC
> > Solaris 8 64bit?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help,

Hi,

about two months ago I have sent a message to the list that I have put
a precompiled rsync-2.5.5 version based on the below mentioned clean
AutarkicalBuilds on our public ftp server, since beginning of December
2002 it's there:

ftp://ftp.fh-koblenz.de/pub/PrebuiltBinaries/rsync-2.5.5/

BTW:
You mentioned  missing gcc (and other tools??) on your Solaris 8 64bit
machine. A while ago since end of November I have put also a fundamental
precompiled set of tools including gcc and many other tools on our
public ftp server.
Worth to mention that these have been precompiled in a clean and
autarkical way. It's here:

ftp://ftp.fh-koblenz.de/pub/AutarkicalBuilds/

Feel free to get from these URLs.
If you think something is unclear then don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day
Michael

Michael Schmidt      mschmidt at fh-koblenz.de
MIRROR OF:   Ghostscript, DJGPP ...and more