rsync 1tb+ each day

Eric Whiting ewhiting at amis.com
Wed Feb 5 06:55:19 EST 2003

Replying to self after re-reading the original message...

-W will probably help in that it disables the incremental checksum block
checking/scanning for the very large files. This is a good option to
consider if you have a very fast network.

rsync with -W will still probably create the .dest file and will not do
the file create/sync in place. (I might be wrong)

I have some 2+G domino nsf files that I sync every day using rsync -- I
have not seen the incremental checksum block checking helping much on
these files either -- I think I'll try -W on that sync.... It might help
in sync time but hurt in terms of network loading.

I think some have suggested different -B options for larger files as
well  -- but I'm not sure about what might work best with oracle
datafiles -- probably a -B that is the same size as the db_block_size.

eric