Precompiled rsync 2.5.5 for SPARC Solaris 8 64bit

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Feb 5 05:55:45 EST 2003

You can install gcc in any directory; you don't need root access to build
and install gcc (or any other gnu package) from source code.  Just use the
--prefix control argument on configure.  For example, I have a test
hierarchy and say:
	configure --prefix=/h/paulg/prefix
The binaries go into
	/h/paulg/prefix/bin

You then diddle the "path" environment variable to include the bin directory
in the list of dirs to search.

PG