Cygwin issues: modify-window and hangs

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Sat Feb 1 02:47:46 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:44:58PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> jw schultz wrote:
> > I'd rather we default modify-window to 1 for windows.
>
> But windows != FAT. Even a Linux system *could* be using FAT. What's wrong
> with the current state of affairs?
> It's not like the mailing list (rsync or cygwin) is flooded with messages
> complaining about this.

Sorry, i wasn't quite clear.  Also i misremembered cygwin
having a default modify-window = 2 in 2.5.5 (thanks _WIN32).
To be clear, here are my preferences in decending order (#1
being most prefered).

	1. modify-window = 0 on all platforms

	2. modify-window = 1 on windows

	3. clunky, yucky hack i wrote to illustrate what it
		would take for Lapo Luchini who started the
		whole question

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt