getting rid of "permission denied" partial transfer errors

Ron DuFresne ron.dufresne at ncmail.net
Tue Dec 23 07:26:01 EST 2003

sure avoid all perm/user issues by making the whole server suid.  seen
kids do that when they tired of having to su - root on their linux systems.

The alternative would be to enable ssh for root for those particular
cron jobs <make sure the sshd_config is edited to disable this mischeif
after the job has run> and send and recieve as root on both ends, and
set the proper rsync switch to retain onwers/perms .

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--
Ron DuFresne