preview release: 2.6.0pre1

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Dec 21 05:01:30 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 11:20:11PM -0600, John Van Essen wrote:
> I checked the sources to see if the various fixes that I've been using
> are in 2.6.0.  They are, but NEWS doesn't mention two of them.

OK, I updated "NEWS" and added the extra newline before the heap
statistics.  I also tweaked the year you mentioned in version's output.

> A suggestion - at the end of the ./configure output, print:  [...]

Seems like a very reasonable thing to do to help warn people.  I made
it conditional on the absence of the --with-rsh option, and I made it
output the right remote shell (rsh or remsh) that would have been the
old default value.