FreeBSD mknod errors

Elvar elvar at ooz.net
Thu Dec 18 15:30:27 EST 2003

Hi all, I ran across a few threads on google regarding FreeBSD's rsync mknod
problem but I didn't find any good fix. I was wondering if anyone knows more
about this and a good fix. Here's an example of the output.

mknod qmail/queue/lock/trigger : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log/supervise/control : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log/supervise/ok : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-send/supervise/control : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-send/supervise/ok : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/log/supervise/control : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/log/supervise/ok : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/supervise/control : Invalid argument

mknod qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/supervise/ok : Invalid argument

mknod run/log : Invalid argument

It's trying to backup some qmail files as you can see and it chokes on them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kind regards,

Elvar