sharing bookmarks with rsync

james houston jesushouston at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 03:31:13 EST 2003

I would like to have my computer at home and my
computer at work to share the same bookmarks. My idea
was to have each of the computers sync with a server's
bookmark file. If the client has a newer file than the
server it would upload it, if the client has an older
file it would download it. I already have the
authentication keys set up and want to do it over ssh.

Would this be one way to accomplish this? Running this
command on the client computers periodically:

rsync -rptvlWe ssh --delete --progress --stats
~/Library/bookmarks.html
user at server.com:~/rsync/bookmarks.html

Thanks

jh