Rsyncing Windows directory to a Linux box: problem with spacesin directory names

Charles Nadeau charlesnadeau at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 17 15:27:42 EST 2003

Max Kipness wrote:

>> Another option is to upgrade to the CVS version (available in
>> the near future as version 2.6.0) and use the --files-from
>> option to specify your files (since it already parses the
>> names one per line).
>
> Charles,
>
> Based on what was just said above, I am using Bash version 2.05b.0(1),

Max,

Me too:

Mosix7 / # bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

> and no extra configs for splitting are necessary as it splits
> appropriately at the end of the line.

Could it then be my version of rync?

Mosix7 / # rsync -v
rsync  version 2.5.7  protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

Thanks!

Charles

--
Charles-E. Nadeau Ph.D