Prepping for a new release (2.5.8? 2.6.0?)

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Wed Dec 17 07:02:26 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 11:42:58AM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 06:42:29PM -0800, jw schultz wrote:
> > Below is a revised file with a TOC at the top.
>
> Cool, looks like you did a very thorough edit pass (as compared to my
> quick once-over).  The TOC makes it much friendlier too.

All i did was try to make the item titles a bit better if
they were really bad, a little reformatting when it was hard
to read, duplicate removal, added dates for some of the
entries and reorganized the hodgepodge.  Also added
end-markers to try to make it clearer when moving to another
entry.

I debated the TOC on the basis of maintainability but
decided to keep it.

I did not review items for content.  If there are any that
are already done (I wondered about one or two) they are
still in the document.

> Once you get that checked in, I think we may be ready for a pre1
> release.  So, please let me know if there are any remaining issues
> to be considered before that happens.

I'm thinking i'll give it another couple of hours in case
anyone has comments, especially on the reorder or format.
Changing the content (add, delete or amend) is easy.
Consistant format changes, ordering and grouping will be
more work once reassembled into a single file.

Q: would it be preferable to keep the seperate files as
source for the unified TODO?  Perhaps in a tar so we don't
have to keep adding and deleting files.  Just a thought.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt