[RFC] transfer files listed in a file.

John Van Essen vanes002 at umn.edu
Mon Dec 15 16:32:07 EST 2003

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 10:48:24AM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
>> BUG:  It looks like combining --files-from with a daemon pull and a
>> local file-list currently hangs during the transfer of file names (it
>> succeeds in the other 3 modes of daemon transfer, and in all 4 modes
>> of remote-shell transfer).  I'll fix this.
>
> This is now fixed in CVS.  FYI.

Thank you for this, and for your efforts to merge the 2.5.7 changes into
the CVS version.  Much appreciated.

Several more recent replies refer to things being fixed in CVS.  Since
you have the recent experience of pushing out 2.5.7, would you care to
take the bull by the horns and produce a release candidate for 2.5.8
so that the rsync enthusiasts on the rsync mailing list can give it a
whirl prior to an official release (hopefully by Christmas)?

Thanks.
--
        John Van Essen  Univ of MN Alumnus  <vanes002 at umn.edu>