sol8 - rsync2.5.6 - cannot rsync at all

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at dreamcraft.com.au
Sat Dec 6 10:06:13 EST 2003

 Do both of your systems have /usr/local/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH ? if
 Rsync compiles any libs that go in there, sol8 might not find it.

 Also make sure that the PATH definition is red into your environment -
 env command will tell you all ENV variables, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
 included...

 Tomasz

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 03:39:34PM -0500, Wickram, Thushara wrote:
> thanks for quick response. Yes it works ..
> oracle at sys1:/oracle> rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync
> sys2:/apps/oracle/dba/test .
>
> In both systems I have /usr/local/bin in $PATH for the user(oracle).
> Wondering whether there is a way not to use "--rsync-path" cmdline.
>
> thanks again

Tomasz M. Ciolek
  email:  tmc at dreamcraft dot com dot au
	GPG Key ID: 0x41C4C2F0  Key available on www.pgp.net