bug report: error while compiling rsync 2.5.7 on solaris 9

Michael Schrader-Boelsche msb at tanum.de
Thu Dec 4 22:20:27 EST 2003

Hi,

while compiling the last version of rsync on Solaris 9 SPARC with
the GNU CC compiler 3.2.3 I got an error.

Standard procedure: cd rsync-2.5.7; configure; make

   msb at tesla:.../rsync-2.5.7$ make
   gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W  -c lib/compat.c -o
lib/compat.o
   lib/compat.c: In function `sys_gettimeofday':
   lib/compat.c:201: too few arguments to function `gettimeofday'
   *** Error code 1
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lib/compat.o'
   msb at tesla:.../rsync-2.5.7$

The error occured due to the wrong detection of the gettimeofday()
funktion
under Solaris. HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY_TZ is not set correctly (see attached
configure
output and config.log).

Maybe the problem is a result of my own enviroment. But if not I hope my
comments will help to fix it.

Regards

Michael Schrader-Boelsche
Michael Schrader-Boelsche  msb at tanum-consult.de
tanum consult GmbH         Tel +49 40 881670-20
Hamburg, Germany           Fax +49 40 881670-99