[Linux-ME] daily backup (incremental backup ) - SOLVED

Bipinchandra Ranpura bipin_mr at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 05:23:57 EST 2003

Dear Manoj,

Have found out the mistake in my script.

One must create directory if he/she wants to move old
files to backup directory. In my script I was not
creating any new backup-dir(datewise), therefore
despite of have -b --backup-dir flags it was not
working. This means

rsync can only create automatically new direcotry for
destination but not backup-dir !!!!

Am I correct?

Bipin