rsync documentation for "--server" option?

Izzy Kindred ikindred at cox.net
Thu Dec 4 12:16:02 EST 2003

Hello,

	The rsync man page shows example invocations that use the
"--server" option.  I could not find documentation for this option (a)
in the man page (b) in the HTML man page on the website (c) in the
"--help" help.  I therefore found these examples to be confusing.

	Is there anywhere where I can find documentation for the
"--server" option?

	As a result of not finding documentation, I had to experiment
to figure out that if you want to run an rsync server from the command
line as non-root, you seem to have to *omit* the "--server" option.
However, I still have no idea when the "--server" option should be
used.

	Izzy