Size Limit in rsyncd.conf File?

Daemian Mack dmack at tickets.com
Wed Dec 3 00:13:29 EST 2003

jw schultz wrote:
> I've not tried it but auth users permits the use of shell
> wildcards in user names so
> 	auth users = *
> would restrict the users to all of those listed in the
> secrets file.  If you wish different user lists for
> different modules just use module-specific secrets files.

That would be a little clumsy for me, since there are no easily-defined
sets of users I could enable and disable conveniently.

However, the shell wildcards you mention are going to solve my problem,
I think.

What I've done is set  auth users = [^#]*  which takes rsyncd.conf out
of the loop when enabling/disabling user accounts; now I can just
prepend a # to an account in rsyncd.secrets to disable it and remove
that hash to enable the account.  So far, this seems to be working great
for me.

Thanks for your help!

Daemian Mack