users home directorys

Jim Salter jsalter at jrssystems.net
Tue Dec 2 17:45:21 EST 2003

Rsync runs under the context of whatever user spawns its process.  So
assuming the users in question can access the machine with ssh to begin
with, they will have precisely as much - or as little - filesystem access
using rsync over ssh as they would opening a remote shell over ssh.

Jim Salter
JRS System Solutions