Size Limit in rsyncd.conf File?

Daemian Mack dmack at tickets.com
Tue Dec 2 05:58:11 EST 2003

I've got an rsyncd.secrets file with 59 accounts in it.  Almost all
these need to be enabled concurrently.  My rsyncd.conf thus has an auth
users field with upward of 50 values.  I'm starting to wonder at what
point I'll have maxed that field out, especially as we're taking on new
accounts all the time.

Incidentally, whether or not there is a limit, is it possible to do some
sort of file-include for the auth users field, instead of enumerating
every account?  It would make it much cleaner to maintain to simply
refer to an external file which just had a list of the accounts I want
to give access to...

Daemian Mack