Rsync hangs with protocol incompatibility issues

Anand Raman araman at sapient.com
Wed Aug 27 15:02:57 EST 2003

Thanks jw

Your suggestion of removing -e from the rsync options seems to have
fixed the problem. We have been able to synchornize large number of
files between the 3 environments with no weird protocol
incompatibilities or freezes..

Do you think it is better idea use ssh instead of rsh to overcome the
blocking/non-blocking io incompatibility.

The environments are internal environments not visible to the outside
world and hence could do without ssh

Thanks for your time

cheers
anand