compare questions

damian lee damianjllee at yahoo.com.tw
Wed Aug 20 12:23:10 EST 2003

sorry to bother you again!!

I still didn`t get it.
Maybe I didn`t make my self clear.
I have a old_FTP server and the data is about 4G.
I also have a copy for those datas.
Now I have to make a mirror site for the old_FTP site with the copy.
So My plan is to build a new FTP server and put the copy in it.
But the file time of those data is diferent from the old_FTP server.
If I use rsync as the mirror solution.
How I do to skip the first_time_transfer.
I don`t want the 4 Gigabytes of data transfer over internet.
Can I use the touch commend to adjust the file_modify_time,
to make both of old_FTP_files and the copy_FTP_files become identical,
to skip the first_time_transfer.

And I am really sorry to bother you again.
Thanks in advanced.

Damian