exit status 12 with large files

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 19 03:26:50 EST 2003

Hello.

I use rsync version 2.4.6, protocol version 24 on a RH7.2 machine. The
purpose is mirroring a Red Hat repository.

All works fine, *except* for really big files. ISO images (~650MB) are a
good example. Whenever I don't exclude *.iso, I get the following:

receiving file list ... done
sending sums for 1408
recv_generator(linux/7.3/en/iso/i386/valhalla-i386-disc2.iso,1409)
unexpected EOF in read_timeout

The exit status retuned is 12. Unfortunately I can't find an explanation
of the exit status codes in the manual/info pages.

The only reference I've found to this is:
http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg06644.html
...which seems to have been left unresolved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex