Inadequate error checking in rsync 2.5.5

David Norwood judapeno at adelphia.net
Fri Aug 15 05:41:19 EST 2003

I'm using rsync to mirror files from a Windows XP machine mounted via smbfs.  Apparently I have something configured wrong as I get a "permisson denied" error accessing some of the files on the smbfs mount with cp, od, etc.  However, rsync produces no error messages on these files.  It happily creates files in the target directory that are the right size, but filled with null bytes.

This is repeatable on my system, until I figure out the smbfs permisson problem.  I'm running RedHat 9.  I'm not subscribed to this list, so please cc me on any replies.

David