Question on --include-from option.

Loris Serena lserena at paddypower.com
Thu Aug 14 01:43:44 EST 2003

Hi Wayne,

The command was actually split on two lines by the mailer! ;-(
It is (all in one line):

rsync -azv -e ssh --stats --include-from=/tmp/rsync-include-file
ppukweb8:/tmp/loris

What I'm doing here is basically some testing with the --include-from
option.
What should my rsync-include-file look like to sync only specific
directories?
Once I get this working, the REAL source directories are going to more
different in the path.

Plus, I'd like to push this rsync copy from one box to other six boxes.
Is there a smart way of doing this simultaneously, or do I have to script a
for loop for every different destionation host?

Thanks in advance

Loris

--
Loris Serena
Unix Systems Administrator
Mobile: +353-87-9683760              mailto:lserena at paddypower.com

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in this communication.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee,
you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail or any part of it in any way
whatsoever. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender immediately.

Paddy Power PLC may monitor the content of e-mail sent and received for the purpose
of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures.