rsync on Windows 2000? ----- Sorry, me again!

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Sun Aug 10 18:32:38 EST 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 10:03:16AM +0200, Stephan Jau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just posted this a few days back and my email got totally messed up so I
> don't know for sure if there was any reply yet to this. If there was I
> would be glad if someone just could forward that to me.
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Stephan

The correct way of dealing with that is to check the
list archives.

> Hello,
>
> I downloaded that win version of rsync and I have a small question:
>
> How can I do one of the following:
>
> 1.) Add multiple syncronisation directories for one module
> 2.) Synchronize all modules
> 3.) Create 1 module that contains multiple other modules
>
> The reason is I would like to use rsync as backup system for my computer
> and all the custom data is in different locations on the c: drive. E.g.
> there is data on the desktop, there is custom data in
> c:\Programs\Application Name, then I have mysql run on c:\mysql and I would
> like to update this all with one command...
>
> For this I need one of the three approaches that I mentioned before. I'm
> sure RSync can do that but I just don't know how.

There have been no followups to your questions.  Most likely
because they are the sorts of questions that don't belong on
the list.  Before posting again read
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html just like
it says to do at the bottom of every message from the list.
That will tell you, among other things, to do your research
before posting.

Oh, one final thing.  There are multiple ways to do what you
want but none of them are on your list.  The best way of
course it to change your problem space.

Good luck.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt