--delete-excluded by default?

Erik Lyons ELyons at mail.open.org
Thu Aug 7 09:31:44 EST 2003

Thanks Wayne,

Yes, I'm using the "exclude from" option pointing to a file with a list
of things not to copy.
The docs confused me. I guess it doesn't function as I expected.

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 04:06:03PM -0700, Erik Lyons wrote:
> Here is the command I'm using:
> rsync -avzul --delete blue1-eth1::mod1 /home/.sites

There are no excluded files in that command, so there is nothing to
omit
from the --delete.  You're probably referring to some exclusions
specified in the rsyncd.conf file, but those aren't actually
exclusions.
They are totally ignored files (that causes files to be treated as if
they don't exist on the server).  If you don't want certain files to
be
deleted, you have to specify them as actual --exclude options on the
command-line.