New wildmatch code in CVS

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Fri Aug 1 03:47:44 EST 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 02:40:29AM -0700, jw schultz wrote:
> I see you have make the transition.

Yes!  My simple speed tests I ran the other day showed that the code was
a good bit faster than the default fnmatch on my system, and just barely
faster than the lib/fnmatch.c routine we used to include with rsync, so
I was satisfied that it wasn't going to cause anyone's rsync processing
to bog down.

> The only negative i have at this point is that i don't like the
> indentation.

The original wildmat code used a 4-character shiftwidth, and I just
never changed it.