rsync over ssh

Douglas Blood newsgroups at dblood.matraex.com
Wed Apr 30 04:55:11 EST 2003

You are attempting to connect to the rsync server(port 873) and use ssh as
well (port 22).
Rsync only allows one type of connection at a time so it is ignoring the ssh
option because it is attempting to connect to the rsync port.  This could be
fixed if there were 2 seperate commands.. but you would have problems with
figuring out which command to kill/finishes when.