Bogus rsync "Success" message when out of disk space

John Van Essen vanes002 at umn.edu
Mon Apr 28 14:34:09 EST 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, jw schultz <jw at pegasys.ws> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 02:40:39PM -0500, John Van Essen wrote:
>> JW,
>>
>> (Ya know, I've been on this list for over a year and I still have
>> no idea what your first name is.  Anyway...)
>
>To imply decete is not humourous.  The only amusement i've
>found in people who disbelieve me when told my name is their
>clumsy efforts to hide their curiosity and incapacity to
>explain it.  It is like watching someone attempting to
>confirm that someone else isn't wearing underpants.  If J.W.
>(In email i leave out the punctuation) is good enough for
>the DMV and the IRS it should be good enough for you.

No deceit was implied and no disrespect was intended.

I would have put a smiley (:D) at the end of the parenthesized
sentence, but emoticons don't seem to be part of the culture
of this list so I (regrettably) left it out.  :-(

Please accept my apologies for my awkward attempt to get to know
you a little better.  I will be more circumspect in the future.
--
        John Van Essen <vanes002 at umn.edu>