--whole-file not working ?

Satsco perisat at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 20:57:11 EST 2003

hello all,

i'm using rsync-2.5.4-2 on redhat 7.3

in order to rsync some data from a MS-WIN$ share, i
use the following procedure --
first, i use the following to mount the SMB share :

mount -t smbfs -o password=satish //satsco/satish
/home/2

then, after successfully mounting the share, i am
using the following to rsync the data into redhat
linux :

rsync -arlpogtb --whole-file --suffix=~bak --stats
--timeout=600 --bwlimit=220 /home/2/* /backup/2 >
back2rsync.log 2>back2rsyncerr.log

I want to disable incremental rsync and take all data
again... however, no data transfer takes place at
all... seems like incremental rsync is used.. can any1
tell me why ?

while "back2rsyncerr.log" is empty, following is the
content of the file "back2rsync.log" -
======================================
rsync[5966] (server receiver) heap statistics:
  arena:          17016   (bytes from sbrk)
rsync[5964] (sender) heap statistics:
  arena:          53880   (bytes from sbrk)
  ordblks:            3   (chunks not in use)
  smblks:             0
  hblks:              0   (chunks from mmap)
  hblkhd:             0   (bytes from mmap)
  usmblks:            0
  fsmblks:            0
  uordblks:       42424   (bytes used)
  fordblks:       11456   (bytes free)
  keepcost:        4152   (bytes in releasable chunk)

Number of files: 44
Number of files transferred: 0
Total file size: 20229310 bytes
Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 1096
Total bytes written: 1108
Total bytes read: 20

wrote 1108 bytes  read 20 bytes  2256.00 bytes/sec
total size is 20229310  speedup is 17933.79

can someone please tell me how to take full data rsync
and not incremental.

thanx in advance,
satsco.