known problem.

Han Boetes han at mijncomputer.nl
Fri Apr 18 13:17:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I noticed this problem mentioned in the known issues:

  Q: Transfers die with something like

     rsync: error writing 4 unbuffered bytes - exiting: Broken pipe
     rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
     ../src/io.c(463)

  A: Sometimes fatal error messages from the remote machine can be lost
     on the way to the client; you should investigate on the server for
     something stopping the transmission. The most common cause is that
     the destination disk is full.

I noticed that this happens from my linux-mandrake desktop, but not from
my OpenBSD firewall. And I am uploading the same nfs shared file to my
ISP.

This is what I did:

  rsync -e ssh -T /tmp file host:dir/

Sounds like diskspace is not only problem.

# Han
--
(I hate large)  \||/       Murray's Rule: Any country with democratic in
(sigs)      Oo. |  @___oo                the title isn't.