rsync calculating the number of files transferred

Eric Chen eric at primes.com
Thu Apr 17 09:34:00 EST 2003

Hi,

Is there anyway that rsync can report how many files it has to transfer? I
am using rsync in a backup utility, and I want to display the percentage
completion. If I can find out the number of files it has to transfer, I
should be able to compute the percentage by just dividing that by the number
of files already transferred.

Maybe I am approaching this whole thing wrong. Does anybody have any
suggestions on what I can do to display the percentage completion?

Please reply to eric at primes.com because I am not on the list.

Thanks,
~Eric