[Acl-Devel] mask ACL

Buck Huppmann buckh at pobox.com
Thu Apr 3 13:26:29 EST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:09:32PM -0500, Buck Huppmann wrote:
> yes, my bad. sorry. before i throw out more babies with the bathwater,
> though, anybody know if any other systems besides HP-UX and Solaris
> (for default ACLs, at least) require a MASK/CLASS_OBJ when there are
> no non-USER_OBJ/GROUP_OBJ/OTHER entries?
>
> thanks, Eric C., for finding this out

to wind this up, for anybody who cares, the latest, greatest versions
of this patch are up at http://www.lpmd.org/rsync/ (thanks to John C.
again for hosting) for 2.5.5 and 2.5.6. use at your own risk, but let
me know if you find bugs (so i can mitigate my own risk)

on the matter of which platforms require masks/CLASS_OBJs, i gave the
samba sysacls.c a quick once over and discerned that, at least for
the mappings as implemented therein, HP-UX, Unixware and Solaris re-
quire CLASS_OBJs, which the new code synthesizes by or-ing all group
and named-user ACEs, as you might expect, in the absence of a source
mask/CLASS_OBJ entry