Disk Space Problems with Rsync.

Bull Barry - bbull Barry.Bull at acxiom.com
Mon Sep 23 15:55:00 EST 2002

I have a problem with rsync causing a filesystem to think that it is 100%
used when actually it isn't. A quick reboot will cause the filesystem to go
to about 70%-75% used. Below is the script that I am executing. I am using
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf) Kernel 2.4.9-34smp on a 2-processor
i686. Does anyone have any idea on what causes this and how to fix this?

#!/bin/bash
export RSYNC_RSH="ssh"
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/u01/home/piuser/ /u01/home/piuser/
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/u01/public/ /u01/public/
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/u01/perform_data/ /u01/perform_data/
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/u01/perform_testing/
/u01/perform_testing/
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/u01/collect_setup/ /u01/collect_setup/
rsync -alz --delete --stats server:/usr/local/ /usr/local/
rsync -alz  --stats server:/u01/var/lib/mysql/ /u01/var/lib/mysql/

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.