Question about rsync

Lincoln Y Lavoie lylavoie at cisunix.unh.edu
Tue Sep 17 03:28:00 EST 2002

Hello All,

	I've been getting an error using rsync that I've been trying to track
down the cause of, but haven't been able to solve yet.  When I try to
connect to a remote rsync deamon, using a double colon address like
192.168.0.2::classes to copy files in either direction, I get this error
after a timeout.

@ERROR: chroot failed
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (128 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)

If someone knows how to fix this config problem, could you please drop
me a line.  I'm running redhat 7.3 on both systems, with all RPMS up to
date, according to redhat.  Thanks for the help.

	Lincoln

Lincoln Lavoie

UNH InterOperability Laboratory
Student Engineer