Please HELP: rsync to create directory symbolic links

Vincent Dao Vu vd.vu at acm.org
Fri Sep 13 19:45:01 EST 2002

Hi,

Currently I have to recreate the directory tree of my entire database
and also rebuild all directory symbolic links. I just figure out how to
recreate the directory tree without copying all the files over. I used:
rsync -av --include "*/" --exclude "*" gridpt/ $BACKUP/gridpt
This command creates the directory structure (tree) of the entire
database udner gridpt (it doesn't copy files). But this command also
ignores those subdirectories which are symbolic links to other
directories. I cannot figure out how to rebuild all the directory (not
file) links. Is there any option of rsync that I can use to carry out
this purpose?

Thanks a lot for your time reading my email. I'm looking forward to your
reply.

Vince