Rsync development status

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Oct 30 22:08:00 EST 2002

Is rsync under active maintenance and development? I ask because I have
twice submitted a small set of patches to this mailing list and have never
received any indication that the proposed patches were either applied or
rejected.  I notice that the rsync-cvs mailing archive shows that no patches
have been applied to rsync in about 8 weeks.  I tried sending a personal
letter to two of the developers, but neither responded (I figure they must
be very busy).  My patches do not affect the functionality or documentation;
they merely clean up some build issues on my platform, and perhaps on other
platforms that have not yet implemented IPv6 support.  I am not new at this
sort of cleanup; I have submitted many similar patches to samba-technical
and perl5-porters without controversy (and have almost always had them
accepted).

Is there anything I can do to help move this along?  I would be happy to
offer my assistance if necessary.

Please refer to
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/rsync/2002-September/008256.html for the
patch.  I have tested these changes on our system here.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.