configuration question.

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Tue Oct 29 20:34:00 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 12:11:14PM -0800, Armin Safarians wrote:
> How do you restrict rsync transfers to only modules in the configuration
> file?
> It seems like even though I have a module configured, users can transfer
> files
> that they had permission to which is not under the directory of the module.
>
> I.E.
> modulename
>    path=/web
>
> Users can get /etc/passwd from this machine. How do I restrict that.

This is at least the third time you have asked this.  You
don't provide enough info for anyone to address it.

It sounds to me like the rsync transfer isn't even using the
rsync daemon.

Next time send a copy of your rsyncd.conf file and the exact
command-line that is able to get the /etc/passwd file.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt