rsync with large gzip files.

Leaw, Chern Jian chern.jian.leaw at intel.com
Sun Oct 27 10:37:00 EST 2002

Hi,

I tried performing a complete copy of 17GB of filesystems over the WAN
(0.8GB/hr) with the speed of 16Mbps. The filesystem consists of several
large g-zipped files. These large g-zipped files have actually been zipped
out of other sub-filesystems and directories. I noticed that while
transferring a lists of large g-zipped files, rsync tends to take a much
longer time to transfer those files and at times, it even hangs.

I'm invoked rsync to transfer these large file-systems from Host A to Host B
as follows: