Update on suffix behavior change?

Stephen Huntley blacksqr at usa.net
Thu Oct 24 16:30:03 EST 2002

In April Michael Zimmerman wrote about a proposed behavior change whereby the
command-line specified suffix would be attached to the backed-up file even
when a separate backup directory is used.  Right now the suffix is ignored if
backup directory is used.  Original message:

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/rsync/2002-April/006693.html

Any progress on this change Michael?

I was astonished to discover that rsync works in the present way and not the
proposed way, and consequently I am stopped in my tracks in developing a new
application for rsync.  I think the current behavior should be considered a
bug, especially since it is not mentioned in the documents.

Thanks,
Steve Huntley